Becoming an Assistant Maintenence Supervisor
Join the Arapahoe Springs team at the Gaylord Rockies in Aurora, Colorado. Previous aquatic maintenance background is encouraged, but if you have a strong aquatic background with familiarity with maintenance, or basic maintenance background, we will train you upon hiring.
CPO or Equivalent
Will Train Applicant:
Enrolled/Graduated High School or Equivalent
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide oversite of the administrative, financial and operational service delivery for Jeff Ellis Management operated aquatic facilities and serve as the liaison with our client representatives.
Provide general safety, oversight, and maintenance for pool decks, aquatic facilities, attractions, and swimming pools located on the premises of client aquatic facilities. Provide general oversight and supervision of JEM employees assigned to operate client aquatic facilities.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
All JEM maintenance staff at client aquatic facilities within the assigned region report to this position. This position reports to the Director of Aquatic Maintenance or Aquatics Maintenance Manager and works closely with Area Managers and Managers, Assistant Managers, JES Coordinators, and JES Instructors.
III. DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Supervisors must consistently perform the following duties:
- Provide general oversight and supervision for client aquatic facility operations by enforcing safety rules and supervising/protecting guests/swimmers, rendering first aid/emergency care and lifeguard performance expectations.
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and proactively with coworkers and management staff.
- Oversee and provide basic cleaning services such as brushing, skimming, vacuuming (manual and automatic), scrubbing, trash collection, etc.
- Oversee and provide basic/advanced maintenance services such as backwashing, changing of equipment, repairs and preventative maintenance, installations, chemical additions, etc.
- Oversee and provide basic/advanced chemical maintenance including inventorying, ordering, moving, measuring, dosing, and cleaning with chemicals.
- Provide quotes to new and existing clients for services, repairs, maintenance, contracts, and all other services.
- Assume responsibility for all chemical, mechanical, and technological equipment signed out by or provided to staff.
- Provide customer service oversight as rendered by JEM employees for swimmers frequenting JEM client aquatic facilities.
- Perform daily visits to assure compliance for maintenance and operational processes including the global monitoring of checklists/reports.
- Provide general oversight to assure and achieve consistent operating practices as set forth by JEM policies.
- Mentor, coach or otherwise discipline employees failing to achieve satisfactory performance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your direct manager.
IV. REQUIRED TRAINING/EXPERIENCE
- CPO or Equivalent